Monday, August 16, 2010

Who Needs Stinkin Disney!




Our boys do not ... thus our latest vacation theory proved out. Our vacation this summer was back to Omaha Nebraska to see Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles and cousins. Aunt Anne (my sista) and her brew from Texas were visiting. Zoe, Matt and Gracie are close in age to Jet and Charlie. They get together once a year for a seriously good romp, usually at the expense of Grandpa's sanity and Grandma's basement. I knew it was a good time when Jet leaned over to me at the movie theatre and whispered in my ear, "Mom this is so much fun!". Well we'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

These pictures are from the Union Pacific History museum where the kids were danced around the bonfire and goofed around in a TeePee ... totally defiling any shred of dignity and pride that the Omaha Indian tribe was trying to establish with this exhibit!

Well touche' pussycat ... we (as in Anne and I) have pictures of Jet and Matt (leaders in the Omaha Indian Tribe defiling) with their pants hiked up 5" above their belly buttons (see the second picture). Let me tell you boys ... these will be trotted out at the first wedding rehearsal dinner. Chief Blackhawk will have his revenge!

One funny Fred (grandpa) moment:
Charlie (in the middle of everyone in earshot): Mom, what's that on Grandpa (pointing to his oxygen tank)
Mom: Charlie, that helps Grandpa breath.
Charlie: Why does Grandpa need help to breath?
Mom (thinking this is a great teaching moment): Well Charlie, Grandpa smoked cigarettes and that's what happens when you smoke.
Charlie (totally not comprehending what I just said replies): No (thinking about it)I just think he's old.

Mind you ... this whole conversation (including the pointing) is taking place in front of Grandpa who has total denial that he needs a hearing aid.
Grandpa: What ?? What is he saying???
Mom: That you look great dad!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too Funny! I love my nephews!