Sunday, August 1, 2010

Culture Camp Week!















This is our favorite week of the whole summer! We went to our third
year of Korean Culture Camp in Itasca Il called Camp Pride. It's a fun filled week full of Korean food, Tae Kwon Do, Crafts, Korean Songs, Korean story telling and friends. The boys managed to get in Bakugans, Crazy Bone Go-Go's in addition to the Korean stuff. If that last sentence made absolutely no sense ... it's because you do not have boys in second grade ... the latest fade. The best part of camp is seeing old friends. Jet and Charlie got reacquainted with friends they made over the last two years. Jet's special friend Andrew was there again this year and Charlie developed a close friendship with a boy named Joey. I volunteered by working the lunchroom all 5 days. It's the best job! I get to watch the kids come in for Tae Kwon Do or on the playground. I get to visit the market each day to shop for Korean Antiques and items. I get to eat with my boys all the yummy Korean food. But best is seeing my friends - the other parent volunteers - with whom I've developed friendships with over the last three year.




No comments: