Monday, August 23, 2010

Go Blue!



I admit it, I was a skeptic when Jet tried out for the traveling soccer team and made it. I was super skeptical when I learned about the cost and then became a really grouchy skeptic when I learned that this last weekend would be spent about an hour away from home at a soccer tournament. 4 games and not one of them within 3 hours of the next.

So in my crabby state we headed up to the first game. Then I saw the team and coaches in action. Not only is it about soccer skills, it's about discipline. Shirts are tucked & uniforms pristine, no goofing on the bench, benched players wear a netted jersey which gets passed off as they go in and out of the game, bags lined up orderly, players (not parents) are to keep up with their stuff. even the march to the trophy presentation was orderly.

This was the teams first outing together and they faired pretty well. Even with all the offsides calls, we ended up in second place (not bad for only 3 weeks of play).

On Jet's team are two other friends from his school. They really do have fun together. Even Charlie enjoyed the games. It was hot so he and the cutest 6 yr old girl (jet's teammates little sister) huddled under a tent and played gogo's, ate ice cream and drank soda. Kinda thinkin that Charlie may be the smartest of the group!


No comments: