Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holy Schmoly ... What happened to March!

Wow ... It's been awhile since I posted. I'd like to blame the socks but I was killed off on March 12th. I did great on this project for the first three days of the competition ... then illness hit. Jet's preschool class was blindsided with a mean case of strep/flu. How does this happen ... Jet finishes his penicillian on Monday (double ear infections) and Tuesday night is running a high fever?!? By Thursday, I figured out the cause wasn't his 5 kindegarden vaccinations that he got on the 10th ... sure enough Strep. SOOOOO back into the Ped who now prescribed Augmentum not only for Jet but also in good measure for Charlie. Fortunately, the kid with the autoimmune disorder seems to be staving this off. Mom on the other hand, went in for her dosage yesterday ... two days of a scratchy throat and I wasn't going to wait to see the results. I was even contemplating sneaking in Charlie's stuff but then decided if Charlie got sick it would be hard to explain what happened to his dosage. I was telling a friend that it's been so contagious around here ... I should go up to the nearest street corner with Charlie's dosage, dressed in trench coat & fedora, stop the stroller moms (they are in ample supply here):

"Hey Lady, need some candy for baby's sniffles? I've got the good stuff, aug(cough)men(cough)tum(cough). Just give me a big ben and this "wally g" bottle is yours!"

On an upbeat note, Uncle Eugene stopped by on his way to Bloomington. He's working down there for a few more weeks. We had a great dinner and really enjoyed seeing him. We LOVED the updates and wish we had more visits from the Reagan contigency. The boys were pretty good and enjoyed showing off their batting skills. Just so Uncle Eugene didn't think that they were too well behaved, Charlie threw down a big ol' scene a bedtime that would have earned him an Oscar. "I'm not tired, I'm not tired, I'm not tired" - which as any parent understands when this is accompanied by tears and screams ... they're not only tired but way past tired. He was asleep 2 minutes after his head it the bed.

Besides a super long winter ... every Chicagoan is complaining everywhere you go ... it's been a pretty uneventful month. Charlies EEG checked out OK which is great. Charlie is now Dairy free and his skin/congestion is so much better. I hate it though ... my eyes are crap now and reading those labels is the pits. God bless the manufacturers who put the allergy statements on the labels. Charlie is also taking a probiotic but will have nothing to do with the Chinese herbs that smell and taste pretty bitter. We're seeing a new DR who is an MD but also liscensed in Accupuncture, Chinese Medicine and is a CPA. She looks all of 35 and is gorgeous ... I just want the herbs and lotions that she's using! I mean how do you get your CPA then decide to go to medical school for years. Wow. I was impressed. She's really helped us so far with Charlie's skin but it's still a work in progress.

OK, Jet's eyeballs are going in circles because he's watched an hour of cartoons and I need to get him away from the TV. Will catch up later this week with Easter pics and pics from Charlie's bday.

1 comment:

T.T.J.K.B. said...

Reminds me of Easters when we were kids... sundresses and snow:)
Hugs to everyone!