Monday, February 4, 2008

Living Ground Hog Day ... still snowing!


Wow, We got socked again last night. Unfortunately Chris was at the superbowl so I was stuck with the driveway. As luck would have it ... I did get the snowblower started and finished the job like an expert in under 30 mintues. I didn't even plow the snow onto my neighbor's driveway like last time. The damn snowplow driver though has it in for us. He made sure that there was 3ft of snow at the end of our driveway. Unfortunately, our snowblower is little more than a glorified snow broom and the engine cuts out on anything over 1 ft. My back is still recovering. After putting Charlie on the bus, Jet and I went about the business of making Frosty - the valentine snowman. Here's a picture of our result.
Poor Chris ... he spent the whole day trying to get from Arizona to England in time for a meeting tomorrow. Last I heard, he was on his way to Toronto because going through Chicago just wasn't an option today ... between fog and last nights snow. If he can't get to London, then hopefully he'll get home before the next snow dump which starts tomorrow afternoon with another 5-10 inches. Just to prove that he was really at this game ... wow what a game, here's a picture of what the game looked like from his seat.

Well he just called and he's in Toronto ... not going to England, trying to get his wireless going and contemplating a 3 am conference call to the meeting in England. I'm not sure the Super Bowl trip is feeling so great after this travel day.

Yipee ... I finished the knitted crowns for Charlie's class (Feb is royalty month) and I sent them on the bus with Charlie this morning. I was so glad to be done with this project until I got the phone call around noon that there was a new kid starting at preschool and did I have an extra crown around. No I didn't but I'll make one more! They sure are cute ... here's pictures on how they turned out.












Well at least I snuck in two hostess gift washclothes before starting crown #20.
We have another busy week. Charlie's teacher and a school therapist are coming to visit on Wednesday. We have Jet's "invite your special people to preschool" after Charlie's teachers leave. Charlie and I are Jet's special guests. Thursday morning, coffee with moms from Charlie's class and Thursday night, I'm hosting book club. Friday afternoon, I'm off to the local Tax assessors office to try to figure out why my two certified letters with my application for my homeowners exemption have become lost! OK - just for the record ... you need a PHD to understand the taxation process in Chicago. It's exhausting.
SOOOO ... probably not another post until this weekend ... if there is anybody out there listening ... is there????



1 comment:

kelly said...

Holy martha stewart- I can't believe you are so crafty!! I see a whole side business and I will be your first order.
You are amazing!!!!!