Monday, March 23, 2009

Day One Spring Break!


Originally our spring break plans included a trip to see the grandparents and other relatives in Omaha.  About 12 hours after we called Grandma to let her know that we were coming, Charlie had scarlet fever and Jet had a nasty upper respiratory infection.  So even on antibiotics, we couldn't risk infecting the Omaha crowd.  Two years ago at spring break, Charlie was in Omaha with mono.  We're still getting blamed for any mono contractions.  
So our quest for this spring break week is to get out and try a few things around Chicagoland.  Today's adventure was lunch, bowling and ice cream.  Audrey, our neighbor friend, joined us for the outing.  After a lovely lunch, we hit the lanes for what will probably set the record for the longest bowling game in history.  Who knew it would take an hour and half to bowl 10 frames.  An for the record, we even accomplished something that several of the seasoned bowlers near us had never seen before ... the ball stopping mid-lane ... yes a dead stop.  This is tough to do!
About the 8th frame, I was asked by each of my partners when we could go home.  We decided that we worked up enough of an appetite to have an ice cream (or sorbet for Charlie since he can't do dairy).  
Jet remarked that bowling on the Wii was much easier then hefting the ball down an actual lane even with bumper pads.  
So what's on the docket for tomorrow?  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Mel said...

:D I was so sad to hear that you guys weren't able to make it afterall -- it was my spring break too last week! And to think, I almost came to visit you! haha

Looks like bowling was a blast! Miss you guys! Hoping to make it up there sometime soon before I start slaving the summer away at work!

T.T.J.K.B. said...

scarlet fever?!! yikes!!
Send me your email, I cant find it and I need to reconnect with you. I miss you!