Monday, December 15, 2008

Ho Ho Ho


We had a special visitor to our house last Thursday! SANTA CAME! We had our annual Xmas block party bash with Santa's visit being the highlight. All the kids (13 of them) had time to sit on Santa's lap and rattle off requests for Xmas presents. Just so there was no errors, Jet and Charlie supplied Santa with lists ... with pictures! As you can see ... they were leaving no margin for error. Somehow, I bet Santa will come through. Friday was a little rough for all of us. We were up past bedtimes and that led to early bedtimes on Friday ... especially for Charlie and I since we had Tae Kwon Do belt testing on Saturday.








Yes, Charlie moved up a belt level to Orange and I am no longer a rookie as I moved to a Yellow belt. Charlie ofcourse woo'd the crowd as he performed his moves. He ended up with quite a cheering squad applauding his form, kicks and board break. He upstaged us all.



I did receive an award patch for best form .... having to perform a 20 step stance of low blocks and punches as part of the requirements. I also had to do one step sparring (low, mid, high blocks), 4 kick series and break a 1/2" board with a single punch. Watch out Chris, I have some power in my moves now! It's a great workout. I never leave Master Jeon's without a major sweat and it's so much fun. It's a great builder of core and beats being a treadmill rat.














We are in the crazy last week before the Holidays ... staring down parties, school events, birthdays and outside activities. I'll be ready for some nog and rest on Christmas day.

1 comment:

T.T.J.K.B. said...

wow! congrats to all of you! Jan, I am going to tell Leona to watch out, she's in year 3 of TWD and LOVES it. She even had a punching bag installed int heir basement:)
Happy Holidays and say hi to Santa for us if you see him again!