Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Break From The Rush!



The holiday rush is on: parties, events, birthdays and getting ready for Christmas. We've already had some nice snowfall which add to the Holiday mood. We took a break from cards and cookie baking to enjoy the snowfall by hitting a local sledding hill. It was a balmy 15 degrees but funny thing is when you are outfitted correctly ... It feels as comfortable as when it's 80 degrees. Chicago planners have designated green space called "forest preserves" around the area (much like Central Park in NY). We are lucky to have several preserves within 5 miles of our house including this sledding hill. Jet LOVED sledding the hill, including several races against his dad.
Charlie, on the other hand, took one trip down and decided that his time was better spent at the top of the hill. When I coaxed him to join me on a sled, he went down the hill with his hands over his eyes and face buried against my coat. The only other time that I was able to get him back on the sled was to ride down the hill to our van. After about 10 rides down, Jet was tuckered out. On our way home, Charlie said next time Jet and I could go sledding and he would stay home. Charlie said he's go to the beach and play in the sand to which Jet remarked that's when he'd stay home and Charlie and I could go. Jet doesn't care for sand. They're not making it easy to decide vacation destination spots are they!




1 comment:

T.T.J.K.B. said...

believe it or not, I have sledded on this hill:) with Jimmy and Tom and our friends Carl & Jackie years ago. Too fun.
Jan - send me an email, I have lost your email address:(