Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Busiest Week of the Year

... So does it make a lot of sense to start a blog the week before?! Oh well, we're here and we're sticking to it. I've uploaded some pictures of a birthday party that Jet attended on Sunday. The theme was Batman and the "reptile" guy showed up bringing his best buddies with him: a 12 ft boa constrictor, a red eyed tree frog, a tortoise, a biting frog, 3 more snakes, an iguana and a kimona dragon. Very impressive ... and in the same sense ... very discouraging. Now Jet wants his birthday party out of our house and is expecting entertainment. GREAT!!!! how am I going to top a 12ft boa constrictor! Two weeks prior, we attended a party at "Pump it UP" ... now that was fun but it's so expensive. I may combine both boys parties next year into one big "pump it up" event. If anybody has any brilliant idea's for Jet's bash, I'm open. I think I'm going to meet some resistance on having just a few neighborhood kids over.

This Saturday we're having an impromptu family reunion at our house. Mom's sister, Doris is in town at the same time that Dave and Gina are visiting. Mom is flying over and my cousin Barb with her family and my cousin Mike with his family are coming in town. Barb and Mike live less than 2 hours away. Should have lots of great pictures and scoop so stayed tuned. I bet Barb has changed a bit since I last saw here at the ripe age of 8.

2 comments:

angie said...

Jani B, I am having a Pump It Up copycat party for Riley next week, complete w/cotton candy machine and art spinner for goodie bags. It's nationwide and called Astro Events. They come to your home or the park and are very reasonably priced and have lots of variety besides the bounce houses. Good way to wear out the wild kids and appease the more mellow ones w/o leaving your house or neighborhood...perhaps an idea for the boys' combo party.

Mel said...

Hey Aunt Jan,

Try looking for a local recreation gym - the gym i used to teach at came equipped with trampolines, foam pits, games, and supervisors. the only thing the parents were responsible for was the cake and feeding the cake. I dunno about most little boys, but all the ones I worked with would pick jumping into a foam pit any day - besides it wears them out for a nice nap later :)