Friday, January 23, 2009

Funny Funny Boys

Our boys just make me giggle .... almost everyday.  Here's the latest from each:

Jet: 
Jet attends an after-school class called Cooking with Della.  Della is this sweet 60-ish Italian grandma (born and raised in Italy) who teaches this class.  Jet loves it and comes home with great food.  Well, I pick up Jet from class last Wednesday and Jet gets in the car and says, "Mom, for class on the 8th we have to wear make-up."  
Mom: "What ... why would you have to wear make-up"
Jet: I don't know that's what they said
Mom: Who said?
Jet: Ms Dell
Ok so I pull of pondering this whole wearing make-up to cooking class.  'why would they ask little boys to wear make-up?'  'do Italian men wear make-up when they cook?'  'is there some weird Italian holiday where the men wear make-up?'

Finally pulling into the driveway, I put it all together.  Jet's class the previous week had been cancelled.  I'm betting Della said something like this in her Italian accent: 
Next class is on the 8th.  It will be a make-up class for last week's cancellation.  So on that assumption, I will not be sending (or scarring) Jet by sending him to his next cooking class in make-up.

Charlie:
Charlie and I were eating at Noodles & Co yesterday.  In a table a few yards away from ours were a young 20-something couple nuzzling and kissing like they were on the Spanish Steps of Rome and not the stroller suburban mom hangout of Noodles.

Charlie pointing at the couple: Mom what are they doing?
Mom: Looks like their hugging Charlie 

By this time a few tables around us have tuned into our conversation and are smiling.

Charlie: Wow, that's beautiful.

More snickers from surrounding tables.

Charlie: I think they love themselves.

Now it's laughter that's erupting around us.

Charlie again: That's really beautiful.  They just love themselves.

Then all the sudden, my 4 1/2 year old is hugging my arm, planing a kiss on my cheek and trying to nuzzle my neck.  It was sweet but a little difficult to eat my Pasta Al Fresca (have you ever eaten at noodles ... it isn't cheap).  As for the young lovers ... totally unphased with their attentive, interested audience.  I don't think I was ever so elated to see a table leave!

No comments: